Gujarat Board GSEB Solutions Class 10 English Second Language Supplementary Chapter 20 HQ Please Textbook Exercise Questions and Answers.
GSEB Class 10 English Textbook Solutions Supplementary Chapter 20 HQ (Second Language)
GSEB Class 10 English HQ Text Book Questions and Answers
Read the passage and answer the questions.
(1) I am Jane. I have a son. We call him Laurie. He studies in class six. One day Laurie returned from school. He opened the door with a kick, threw his cap on the floor and shouted in harsh voice, “Is there anybody around?” At lunch he spoke rudely with his father, and spilled milk.
“How was school today?” I asked.
“All right,” he said.
“Did you learn anything ?” his father asked.
“Nothing. The teacher scolded a boy and made him stand in a corner.”
The next day Laurie remarked at lunch, “Well Charles was bad again today.” With a strange smile he added, “Today he hit the teacher.” [Page 84]
(1) Who is Laurie ?
(2) What did Laurie do when he came home ?
(3) What did he do at lunch ?
(4) What did he say about a boy in school ?
(5) What did Charles do ?
(1) Laurie is Jane’s son.
(2) When Laurie came home, he opened the door with a kick, threw his cap on the floor and shouted in harsh voice.
(3) At lunch he spoke rudely with his father and spilled milk.
(4) He said that the teacher scolded a boy and made him stand in a corner.
(5) Charles hit the teacher.
(2) The next day Laurie remarked at lunch, “Well Charles was bad again today.” With a strange smile he added, “Today he hit the teacher.” “Why?” I asked.
“Because she asked Charles to colour in the red crayons, but Charles wanted to colour with green. So he hit the teacher and the teacher spanked him and told everybody not to play with Charles, but everybody did.” The third day, Charles had hit a seesaw on the head of a little girl and the teacher made him stay inside the class for the whole recess.
Next day Charles was asked to stand in a corner during story-time because he kept pounding his feet on the floor. On Friday Charles threw a chalk-stick at the teacher. My husband and I were worried about the effect of bad boys like Charles on our Laurie. [Pages 84-85]
(1) Why did Charles hit the teacher ?
(2) How was Charles punished when he hit the teacher?
(3) What did Charles do on the third day ?
(4) How was Charles punished when he hit a seesaw on a girl’s head?
(5) Why was Charles asked to stand in a corner ?
(6) What did Charles do on Friday ?
(7) What were Jane and her husband worried about ?
(1) Charles hit the teacher because she asked him to colour in red crayons but he wanted to colour with green crayons.
(2) When Charles hit the teacher, she spanked him and told everybody not to play with him.
(3) On the third day, Charles hit a seesaw on a little girl’s head.
(4) When Charles hit a seesaw on a girl’s head, the teacher made him stay inside the class for the whole recess.
(5) Charles was asked to stand in a corner because he kept pounding his feet on the floor during story-time.
(6) On Friday, Charles threw a chalk-stick at the teacher.
(7) Jane and her husband were worried about the effect of bad boys like Charles on their son Laurie.
(3) Then suddenly he stood up on his chair and spoke in a strange tone, “Hi, Pop, you old dust mop!” “What does this Charles look like ?” asked my husband.
“He is bigger than me, he does not have an eraser and he never wears a jacket,” came the answer. “What are they going to do about Charles ?” Laurie’s father asked. “Laurie said, “Throw him out of the school, I guess.”
“You mean that bad boy? During the third and fourth weeks Charles seemed to be changing. Laurie reported at lunch. “Charles was so good today that the teacher gave him an apple.”
“What ?” I could not believe, and my husband added.
“You mean that bad boy?”
“Yes, Charles!” Laurie said. “He gave the crayons around and he picked up the books afterwards and the teacher said he was her helper.” [Pages 85 – 86]
(1) What did Laurie call his father ?
(2) What did Charles look like ?
(3) How did Charles help the teacher ?
(4) Why did the teacher give an apple to Charles ?
(5) According to Laurie, the school will
(6) What did the teacher say about Charles ?
(1) Laurie called his father an old dust mop.
(2) Charles was bigger than Laurie and he never wore a jacket.
(3) Charles helped the teacher by giving the crayons around and picking up the books afterward.
(4) The teacher gave an apple to Charles because he was a good boy.
(5) According to Laurie, the school will throw Charles out.
(6) The teacher said that Charles was her helper.
Select the word having the nearest meaning.
B. body type
B. body type
B. hardly ever
B. hardly ever
HQ Summary in Gujarati
પિટ્ટ તેજસ્વી અને અભ્યાસ વિદ્યાર્થી છે. પણ તે વારંવાર બીમાર પડે છે. તેનો IQ (બુદ્ધિનો આંક) ઊંચો છે પણ તેનો Ho (સ્વાથ્યનો આંક) નીચો છે. તેની મા તેને હંમેશાં કહે છે કે, “બેટા, તંદુરસ્તી એ સંપત્તિ છે.”
તમારી મા તમને તમારા સ્વાથ્ય વિશે શું કહે છે?
તમે તંદુરસ્ત છો? તમે જો તંદુરસ્ત હો તો જ તમે સારી રીતે અભ્યાસ કરી શકો અને રમતોમાં ભાગ લઈ શકો. તમારો IQ ઊંચો હોય, પણ તમારા HQનું શું?
(1) to consist of (કન્સિસ્ટ ઑવું, -નું બનેલું
(2) to lose one’s temper (લુઝ વન્સ ટેમ્પર) મિજાજ ગુમાવવો