Gujarat Board GSEB Solutions Class 9 Maths Chapter 14 Statistics Ex 14.1 Textbook Questions and Answers.
Gujarat Board Textbook Solutions Class 9 Maths Chapter 14 Statistics Ex 14.1
Give five examples of data that you can collect from your day-to-day life.
- A number of students in our class.
- A number of fans in our school.
- Electricity bills of our house for the last two years.
- Election results obtained from television or newspaper.
- Literary rate figure obtained from the educational survey.
Classify the data in Q. 1 above as primary or secondary data
(i), (ii) and (iii) are primary data, (iv) and (v) are secondary data.
When the information is collected by the investigator herself or himself with a definite
objective is called primary data. These types of data are original and collected for the first time.
When the information is gathered from a source (like newspaper, TV, or some records) that already had the information stored, the data is called secondary data. Such data has been collected by someone else.