Gujarat Board GSEB Solutions Class 7 English Second Language Let’s Read More Let’s Laugh Textbook Exercise Questions and Answers.
GSEB Std 7 English Textbook Solutions Let’s Read More Let’s Laugh
GSEB Class 7 English Let’s Laugh Text Book Questions and Answers
(1) Teacher : What’s the difference between morning and evening?
Student: In the morning, teachers scold us at school and in the evening parents do the same at home.
(2) Father : You must work hard and do something great so that your fame spreads to all the corners of the world.
Son: That’s impossible.
Father: Why ?
Son: Because the earth is round.
(3) Teacher : Can you tell me something about the 17th century scientists ?
Student: Certainly, maam ! They are all dead.
(4) Madhu : What kind of dog is that ?
Sumant: It is a police dog.
Madhu: Well, it doesn’t look like a police dog to me.
Sumant: It’s in plain clothes.
(5) Teacher : Today we’ll study about Oxygen.
Oxygen was discovered in the year 1773.
Atul: But what did people breathe before 1773?
(6) Policeman : Why didn’t you stop when you ,saw the zebra crossing?
Driver : Such animals should be kept in the zoo, officer.
(7) Teacher : What is the outer cover of the tree called?
John : I don’t know.
Teacher: Bark, John, bark.
John : Bow, wow !
(8) Teacher : Write down the formula for water.
Ramila : HI JKLMNO
Teacher : What nonsense
Ramila: But sir, you told us yesterday that the formula for water is H to O.
(9) Amar : Deepu, why have you covered your face ?
Deepu: Because, my papa has told me,
“Don’t show me your face if you fail!”
(10) A lady went to a readymade garment store. The man at the counter welcomed her :
Shopkeeper : Welcome madam! What would you like to buy?
Lady: Can you show me a small brighter coloured sweater ?
Shopkeeper : Oh yes ! What size ?
Lady:Ummm… I have no idea.
Shopkeeper: What is the age of your child?
Lady: No, it is not for a child. I want to buy it as a birthday gift for my dog.
Shopkeeper: Is it so ? Why don’t you bring your dog here and try one ?
Lady: Oh no! I can’t do that. I want to give a surprise to my dog.
1. Here is a list of words and their meanings. They are all mixed up. Make pairs and write them in the box.
(narrate, law, devise, scale, mark, spot, describe, trail, find out, very much, extremely, discover, way, rule)
(1) narrate – describe
(2) law – rule
(3) devise – way
(4) scale – trail
(5) spot – mark
(6) discover – find out
(7) extremely – very much
2. Answer the questions.
Why doesn’t the dog look like the police dog?
The dog doesn’t look like a police dog because it is in plain clothes.
What is the formula for water ?
The formula for water is H to O.
The lady came to buy a sweater for
The lady came to buy a sweater for her dog.
Who scolds the students at home ?
Parents scold the students at home.
Deepu covered his face because
Deepu covered his face because his father has told him not to show his face if he failed.