This GSEB Class 12 Organization of Commerce and Management Notes Chapter 7 Controlling covers all the important topics and concepts as mentioned in the chapter.
Controlling Class 12 GSEB Notes
Meaning of Controlling:
The function of controlling is to decide the activities to be carried out, to evaluate the same and if required, to take the corrective measures so that they are done in conformity with plan.
Controlling is to maintain a balance between efforts and results and between resources and objectives.
Characteristics of Controlling:
- Related to planning
- Functions at every level of management
- Continuous process
- It is an end activity of management
- Related to future
- It is constructive activity
- Internal process
- Dynamic process
- Controlling is a person-oriented or Subjective activity and
- Controlling can be formal or informal.
Importance of Controlling:
- Helpful in the achievement of objectives
- Control on activities
- Makes planning effective
- Co-ordination between various activities
- Evaluation of activities
- Removes deviations
- Necessary for delegation of authority
- Find out errors,
- Long-term planning
- Helpful in directing and
- Barometer of efficiency.
Relation between Planning and Controlling:
Planning is a systematic and intellectual programme to achieve objectives. Controlling is a process to monitor whether business activities are carried out according to the plan, set standards and given instructions, and if deviations are found corrective actions are taken.
- Planning and Controlling are two sides of the same coin.
- Planning and Controlling provides Protection against change.
- Planning is a pre-condition for Controlling.
- Planning is the father of Controlling.
Stages of the Controlling Process:
- The controlling process starts by setting standards.
- The information is gathered about work done and actual position.
- The work executed (performance) is measured.
- The comparison of work executed is made with set standards.
- After evaluating work the same is compared to set standards and if deviation/s is/are found corrective measures are taken.
For this out of the given three measures any measure is taken:
- No change in condition.
- Change the condition to remove deviation,
- Change the condition and establish the fresh standards.